Our investment philosophy is based on the following principles:
- Investments are just a part of the bigger picture. Your goals are the target to measure success against.
- The market will do what it does. We take a long-term view on investments and help you focus on what you can control.
- Diversification a risk-appropriate asset allocation and relatively low fees are how we build out investment strategies for our clients.
- Rebalancing is done at the household level with tax efficiency as a key consideration.
- Our client portfolios are primarily invested in publicly traded mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs).
Changing market conditions is not a recommended reason to change your target allocation. Good reasons to potentially update your investment strategy include life events, changes in financial condition, or if your goals become shorter term.
- Routine reviews include rebalancing to maintain appropriate risk level and ensuring cash is available for planned cash needs.
- Reviews may or may not result in any trades.
- Additional seasonal activities include:
- Roth/IRA contributions & investments
- Tax loss harvesting to offset capital gains
- Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) processing
- Employer retirement plan contributions & investments
- Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) processing
- Roth conversion strategy & processing
- Liz Ann Sonders, Senior Vice President, Chief Investment Strategist at Schwab, posts regularly here.
- We are members of XY Planning Network. They publish quarterly videos and commentary around market performance and economic indicators.
- Check out the right side of this page for Market commentary.
- A PDF of the commentary is toward the bottom of the respective webpage.
Note that news and popular publications are often written more for entertainment or general commentary than as credible investment advice. The sources above provide perspective from qualified professionals, but please keep in mind that it is just that perspective.
GOT A QUESTION?
Email us now at firstname.lastname@example.org